Sunday 15 September 2013

BeautyUK: Queen of Hearts and Gold Digger

Morning all :)  I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday so far!  I'm about to begin my Sunday with a yummy cooked breakfast!

On Wednesday I showed you two glitter polishes from the BeautyUK Posh Polish range.  Today I'm showing you the other two polishes I was sent to review :)  These are Queen of Hearts and Gold Digger.


First up is Queen of Hearts.  I thought from the bottle that this was going to be quite dark and not the sort of polish I'd like, but actually it's really pretty on the nail.  It's made up of medium matte black and shiny pink hexes, with black microglitter.  It's actually quite a delicate-looking polish.

beautyuk-queen-of-hearts-posh-polish-glitter-swatch-opi-skull-glosssbones

I used two coats of Queen of Hearts over OPI Skull & Glossbones.  Great coverage and great formula.  I think this would also be really pretty over a light pink.

Next up is Gold Digger.  This is primarily gold hexes, with a sprinkling of larger silver holo hexes.  The coverage of this was much better than I expected - I used two coats here.  You could probably get this to full coverage with a few more coats (or fake it with a shiny gold basecoat).

beautyuk-gold-digger-posh-polish-glitter-swatch-jessica-ruffled-bottoms

Here I'm showing it over Jessica Ruffled Bottoms.  I think this would benefit from a few more of the larger hexes, I ended up with only 1 or 2 on each nail and they weren't very noticeable.  Interestingly though, I bought this polish a year or so ago and my version is different - the glitter is a darker gold, and it has silver square glitters instead of the large hexes.  Don't know why they changed it, but I think the squares were a bit more interesting, but then the formula and coverage with this one are much better.  I could do a comparison if people would be interested in seeing that?

You can find these polishes here for £3.49 each, or they're also available in Superdrug :)




6 comments:

  1. The Gold Digger is amazing, especially over the purple! I agree, a couple of large hex glitters would make it even better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coverage is amazing isn't it? Can't wait to use it at Christmas!

      Delete
  2. These are real cute, I particularity like 'Queen of Hearts' which is unlike anything I own. I think I'll be looking into these when I pop back to England! :) Hope you had a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ithi, I had a lovely weekend ta :) Yeah I think Queen of Hearts is pretty unusual :)

      Delete
  3. Queen of hearts looks like Barry M Ruby Glitter - might even be a dupe : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a quick look at some swatches - it does look pretty similar! I'd always assumed Ruby Glitter was more dense than it is. The pink glitters are definitely smaller in the BeautyUK one, but otherwise they're very much alike!

      Delete